Our last month of 2019 was so busy we’ve not had a chance to catch up and look back over the amazing year we had… until now. Here is a quick rundown of some great projects we had the pleasure of working on in 2019.
Large format print for the Lord Mayors Show
An outstanding project and certainly one of the largest jobs of 2019 was the printing of panels and banners for the Girlguides float at the Lord Mayors Show. It was the Sussex Central county group of the Girlguides celebrating their 40th year that required a great deal of large format print for their lorry to be covered and to appear in the show.
Initially, we had printed small labels and recycle stickers for the Girlguides in the Horsham area so we were very pleased to sit down with the Horsham Division Commissioner who came into the office with a special request and showed us the plans for their float. We are no strangers ourselves to the Lord Mayors show in London, as some of the staff visit most years.
In total the project entailed:
- Two digitally printed banners measuring over 13 metres long featuring the names of the various Girlguide groups in the region.
- Two large printed banners for the end and roof of the float which were over 2.5 metres and featured logos and sponsors
- 12 correx panels with printed images that were over 2metres in height and width which had large photography of the Girlguides and fitted on frames within the lorry, forming the float interior
- Eight foamex printed panels featuring the Girlguiding badges as a 400mm diamond shape to dress the sides.
The float started to come together when the print was placed on frames and banners hung, it also had some great feedback on the day.
The Horsham Division Commissioner gave us this great review:
“A big thank you to BEL Signs. They couldn’t have been more helpful! They gave excellent advice as to how to minimise cost and maximise impact and quality and they waved all design and delivery costs. All this helped enormously for us to present Girlguiding professionally on an international stage along side some of the wealthiest City corporations without us looking at all out of place. I am also going to send a personal letter -I would give them a top rating for everything. Thank you.”
Working with Horsham FC
In the summer we were busy with the Hornets new home in South Horsham. It was back in 2018 when we announced our partnership with the Horsham Football Club and the support of their new stadium signage. Since the stadium has been built we have manufactured and installed over 70 perimeter advertising/hoardings boards on pitch side and in the training area. In addition to sponsor logos on stands and on the Clubhouse we have also printed pull-up banners, digitally printed wallpaper, external signage for wayfinding and internal signage for marketing. You can see more of our signage on the ground via our blog >> and on their official website >>
The Milky Way
In the autumn we produced and installed a really interesting project for Amplify Life on their grounds. The signage comprised of wayfinding and informative posts that featured the Amplify Life logo, some mandatory safety signs, CCTV signage and colour-coded arrows for those walking on footpaths and bridleways. Six signs comprised of Aluminium sign trays with printed long-life graphics that were then applied and fitted to green oak timber posts. We also installed the signs in and around the private grounds and parkland of the estate. The happy client also gave us a five-star review on Google.
Interior signage trends
A big trend last year was for interior signage and print that brightens up and brand spaces inside offices and retails. Feature walls, digital print, and simple but effective CAD cut vinyl can really change a space and create great talking points, making dull walls jump out and inspire. Some examples include:
- Logos onto office walls as part of a rebranding phase, like these for Sensia in their corporate colours in CAD cut vinyl in reception areas
- Large digitally print for stairwells, like these for local flooring business Supafit Carpets. Which were large 1.5m x 2.4m panels with printed lifestyle images and fitted to the showroom staircase walls
- Door coverings are an interesting way to add images internally, with photography of winding pathways; steps and walkways in places around the world can catch your eye and change your workspace
- Inspirational quotes and word clouds can also form décor, like these for a local mortgage business, impact. Brightly coloured vinyl on otherwise empty spaces.
Vehicle graphics, some unusual
A staple of our services, vehicle graphics, saw some fleet work for Wood & Wisdom, with both an L3H2 Mercedes Sprinter and short wheel base VW Transporter both signwritten in three vinyl colours including gold which looked great in the summer sun. Highlights also include printed graphics onto a Ford Tipper for NFP Forestry on all sides and continuing with tippers, more printed graphics onto an Isuzu tipper for SJM Landscapes.
Some slightly more unusual vehicle graphics projects came to us in 2019 including a Ford Mustang bonnet wrap for The Sussex Travel Company to appear in the AmeriCARna event. Featuring their logo and the American flag as a partial wrap the car featured in the rally and on the stand at the local Horsham event. We also installed some traditional style text to a Morris Minor for Berwicks of Horsham as a nod back to their many years of trading and has featured on their promotional stands and photography.
BEL Signs 2020
And the future? With ongoing fleet vehicle signwriting, exhibition graphics and shop signage to keep us busy we look forward to more signage for the new businesses setting up in 2020. Our van signwriting and business card offer can help get your new business branded, find out more about our offer here >>
Printed graphics and banners for events | Football stadium signage | Directional signage for private estates | Fleet graphics for local Horsham businesses | Traditional van signwriting to promote company heritage | Car wrap for Horsham event | Van signwriting with free business cards offer