A REQUEST FOR HELP PLEASE, to all of our builder friends and customers, from Peter Bedford, Director of BEL Signs:
“In case I have never bored you with how exciting and enjoyable beekeeping is I have been a member of the Central Sussex Bee Keepers Association (CSBKA) for 3 years now and recently I have been asked to build some hive inspection stands to improve our apiary.
I have over the years seen what ends up in builder’s skips, and I know how you hate to throw it away, so I can offer to put timber offcuts to some good use.
- I can convert anything you have above 400mm in 4”x 2” or bigger to what we need.
- Fencing post offcuts 3”x 3” or 4”x 4”.
- We also need longer pieces 4”x 2” at 1.6m so include those of you who have them.
- Decking material – this could be older decking that is being replaced.
I have a large transit van so I will be more than happy to collect it.
Thanking you in anticipation of your support”
Peter Bedford, Director, BEL Signs
Contact Peter direct if you have any timber for use:
- 01403 255442
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org [Link opens new email]
Projects completed so far…
Thanks to Alan Wilson Builder Contractor Ltd and the Collins for their timber donations.
See below how the donated wood has been designed and put together to form these new sturdy hive stands for the club Apiary. An excellent feature of the design is a bespoke frame holder, very handy when carrying out inspections. It was not long before one of the new stands was used and Hive 4 was the first lucky recipient.
We still need more!